SAVEUR.com's Sites We Love Saveur Magazine has listed The Skinny Gourmet among its "Sites We Love"

I've been having a great time checking out Nashville's high end dining on the cheap thanks to Groupon. Have you tried it yet? Its awesome. I don't know why I ever hesitated.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Last chance for a great dinner on the cheap: My picks for Nashville's Restaurant Week

I love restaurant week. Its one of those great concepts that makes my life a better place. Restaurants offer special prix fixe menus for really great prices, and it entices me out to try new places that I might not otherwise have gone to. You get a top notch dinner for much much less than you would normally spend at that restaurant, and the restaurants get exposure and hope to entice you to become a more regular customer. Everybody wins! and I get to eat good food, so I especially win. There is, seriously nothing not to like about it.

Lots of major cities have a restaurant week: a chance to get out and try a prix fixe menu for a really low price (typically equal to the year, so this year it was $20.10, though some are higher). Similar events are hosted in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Austin, Charlotte, . Even smaller cities and small towns are getting in on the action. You can now find a restaurant week in Long Island, Coral Gables, Columbus, Hudson, Clayton, MO and Northampton, MA Washington DC is also having their 2010 restaurant week at the same time as Nashville's. The first ever restaurant week in Nashville, coordinated by Nashville Originals, was hosted September 15-21, 2008.

See a full listing of participating restaurants here or read on for my personal top picks for Nashville's restaurant week. There's still time for you to score three awesome reservations before time runs out!




My top picks:

tayst RESTAURANT AND WINE BAR: Three-course appetizer tasting, $20.10
GERMANTOWN CAFE: Three-course dinner, $20.10
FLYTE WORLD DINING AND WINE: Three-course offering for $30.10
CHA CHAH: Three-course dinner, $20.10
ALLIUM: Three-course dinner, $20.10


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs