SAVEUR.com's Sites We Love Saveur Magazine has listed The Skinny Gourmet among its "Sites We Love"

I've been having a great time checking out Nashville's high end dining on the cheap thanks to Groupon. Have you tried it yet? Its awesome. I don't know why I ever hesitated.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tip of the Day: Hummus

I'll have to admit that I am a little bit obsessed with hummus. Growing up in a medium-sized Wisconsin town my childhood was more about cheesy-beer dip than hummus. Once in college, however, I was introduced to this wonderful, healthy dip. When we live in Ghana my husband and I make it from scratch. Hummus is great on sandwiches in place of mayo. You get less calories and fat, more protein and nutrients. Today I'm having shaved turkey pastrami with hummus, mixed greens, and sliced cucumbers on a whole wheat sundried tomato wrap.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs